Data Asset is (the unique name for) an Asset Type of which the instance assets (and all instances instantiating its subtypes) pertain to the technical data organization .
- ‘Data Element’ and ‘Data Structure are the name of asset types; both being subtypes of ‘Data Asset’.
- ‘COL_PERS_NAME’ is the name of an asset of type ‘Data Element’, and therefore also of type ‘Data Asset’.
- ‘Business Term’ is an asset type which is not a subtype of ‘Data Asset’ as it does not pertain to the technical data organization (instead it is a subtype of Business Asset).
This section gives an overview of Data Asset Types that come out of the box with the Data Governance Center 4.6. If you are logged in as a user with sysadmin role, you can browse this part of the Operating Model by going to the Settings menu, and then chose Assignment in the Attributes pane.
The out-of-the-box Operating Model provides the following Data Asset Types:
- Data Structure for grouping Data Elements:
- Data Model
- Data Entity
- Database Table
- Data Element:
- Data Attribute
- Table Column
- Code Value
- Code Set, for grouping Code Values;
- Crosswalk: for mapping between Code Values;
- Mapping Specification for mapping between Data Elements or Data Structures.
Data Asset Types can be – by default – grouped in three special Domain Types:
- Mapping Domain
- Data Asset Domain
Following diagram shows the default Relation Types (omitting Attribute Types) that should set up your data-asset driven traceability.
You have to login to comment.