Instructor: Roeland Herrebosch, Solution Engineer
- Understand the value of legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing
- Determine how to assess legitimate interests
- Identify the intent of the questions asked during the balance test
In this course, we will demonstrate the legitimate interest assessment workflow in the GDPR Solution. We will start with a high-level overview and provide a walkthrough of the necessary forms, including comments on the expected inputs. When a legitimate interest is selected as the legal basis for processing, a balancing test is required. This will provide a comparison of the benefits for the controller (or third party) and the negative/positive impacts on the interests and rights of the data subject. The advantages and disadvantages of performing the balancing test will also be addressed.
The following order of courses are recommended to follow the sequence of GDPR Solution workflows demonstrated in the use case.
- Processing Activity Register, GDPR Solution
- Data Protection by Design, GDPR Solution
- Risk Assessment Workflow, GDPR Solution
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA), GDPR Solution
- Legitimate Interest Assessment, GDPR Solution
- Compliance Self Assessment Workflow (CSA), GDPR Solution
- Remediation Plans and Remediation Actions, GDPR Solution
Disclaimer: The courses, articles, videos, documents, etc. on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. Certification with or receipt of this training does not provide or ensure any legal or other compliance certification and does not ensure that the user will be in compliance with any laws, including GDPR or any other privacy laws.