Instructor: Bart Vandekerckhove, Product Manager
- Appraise risk assessment workflows
- Distinguish risk assessment and DPIA
- Examine legitimate interest assessment
- Review remediation plans and actions
In this course, we will review the four building blocks of protection by design, including risk assessment, data protection impact assessment, legitimate interest assessments and the remediation workflows. Europe Online will serve as our use case, with the intent of gaining market share through expansion of direct marketing activities, including email and text campaigns. Developing protection by design will begin with the process register, listing the business processes related to marketing. Next, we will conduct a risk assessment, determine if a DPIA is required, and conduct a balancing test as part of the legitimate interest assessment. Finally, we will review the remediation plans and actions.
The following order of courses are recommended to follow the sequence of GDPR Solution workflows demonstrated in the use case.
- Processing Activity Register, GDPR Solution
- Data Protection by Design, GDPR Solution
- Risk Assessment Workflow, GDPR Solution
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA), GDPR Solution
- Legitimate Interest Assessment, GDPR Solution
- Compliance Self Assessment Workflow (CSA), GDPR Solution
- Remediation Plans and Remediation Actions, GDPR Solution
Disclaimer: The courses, articles, videos, documents, etc. on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. Certification with or receipt of this training does not provide or ensure any legal or other compliance certification and does not ensure that the user will be in compliance with any laws, including GDPR or any other privacy laws.